Head D-N-D Flyers Team Coach
Renee’ has been the Head Coach for the D-N-D Flyers for 20 years.
* Grace Community High School Cougarettes Drill Team Director
* Professional Private/Public Choreographer
* Qualified Judge for Dance and Cheer Competitions and Auditions
* Former Choreographer for the University of Texas at Tyler Patriot Singers
* Marching Auxiliaries Best Choreographer Award in Modern, Hip Hop, High Kick and Character
* Certified USASF Cheerleading Coach in Training and Safety (Building) Levels 1-5
* Certified in Heat Wise, Concussion Wise and Cardiac Wise as well as Heartsavers CPR AED by the American Heart Association.
* Choreographer for the 1997 Pollen Weed Eater Independence Bowl Pre-Game Show
* Former Tyler Junior College Apache Belle (Traveled and performed in Nice, France) 1989-1991
* Former Director/Choreographer for the Continental Basketball Association Shreveport Crawdad Cheerleaders
* Former Owner of “Center Stage Dance Company” and Director of the Nationally ranked “Red River Southern Belles” in Shreveport, Louisiana
* Gymnast for 10 years and competed at the Local, State-wide and National levels
* Assistant Coached gymnastics for 3 years (Bar, Beam, Vault and Floor Exercise)
* Former Director/Choreographer for the Louisiana State University at Shreveport Dance Team
* Former Robert E. Lee Southern Belle (1987- 1989), Officer (1988-1989)
* Former Dance-N-Drill Dancer (Traveled and performed at the Festival of Lights in Montreaux, Switzerland
* Former “Tyler Golden Girl” at Dance-N-Drill Studio (1983-1985), Captain (1984-1985)
MAGGIE WILLIAMS KOEHN
Maggie Williams Koehn is in her forth season as the UT Tyler head spirit squad coach.
A Tyler, Texas native, Coach Maggie is a Baylor University graduate where she was on the Baylor Co-Ed Cheer Team for four years. She served as a team captain on the cheer team while pursuing a degree in Graphic Design. She also has earned a Masters of Science in College Student Personnel online from Arkansas Tech University and currently is apart of Abilene Christian University’s organizational leadership, a doctoral program emphasizing in higher education.
She grew up dancing at Dance-N-Drill and danced and cheered for 12 years and transitioned out of dance and into competitive cheer. That is where she ultimately fell in love with cheering. Her journey to cheer at the collegiate level started then and she has never looked back whether it be continuing to cheer at the professional level or coach and inspire others to do the same.
She is newly married to Stephen Koehn. Together they have the sweetest rescue puppy, Rylie. They both love the Lord so much and enjoy working with people of all ages to become more comfortable in both their own skin whether it be skills and/or fitness.
Listed are some of her coaching and college as well as professional athlete experiences:
Current Houston Rockets Cheerleader on the Launch Crew 16-18
Professional Stunt and Tumbler for the Indianapolis Colts Blue Stampede 15-16
LifeVantage business owner
Cheer Coach at Arkansas Tech University 1 year
Fit For Christ- Group Fitness Instructor for 1 year and Personal Training Certified and Insured
Baylor University Co-Ed Cheer Team for 4 years – Captain 1 year
Attended Level 1 Seminar for CrossFit
Attended Gymnastics Seminar for CrossFit
Coached and instructed Gymnastics, Tumbling and stunting classes for 8+ years – along with All-Star Cheer teams
Competed as an All-Star cheerleader and dancer for over 10 years
Over 15 years of cheer, dance and personal training
Mikayla has been with Dance-N-Drill for the past 17 years.
She will be a Coach for the D-N-D Flyers Show Team this season.
She has been an assistant teacher for the past 6 years.
Mikayla is thrilled to be instructing the cheer classes for her third year teaching.
She has been the Assistant Coach for the D-N-D Flyers All-Star Cheerleaders for 5 years. I was honored to also be a member of the D-N-D Flyers All- Star Cheer Teams for 7 years.
She was a member of the Dance-N-Drill “Extreme” Hip Hop Team for 7 years.
She is currently attending the University of Texas at Tyler to get her degree in education.
She plans on getting her Masters in Special Education.